Monday, January 30, 2012

All the miles we can go

We all have had a  meal now and then at a place elegant or hole-in-the-wall that make us want to monopolize a conversation, if we have a half a taste bud in our mouths, and further the declaration that one way or another that we are foodies. From those same establishments we hope to re-create the culinary masterwork in our own kitchens and backyard grills, hoping for those few seconds of bliss from a bite.

It goes without saying that if you know me, cooking is a love of mine as well as writing. When I laid in bed last night for endless minutes, my mind pumping ideas around my head, I thought here on facebook would be a good place to start. In a few days you all will see weekly collections from me on my thoughts on restuarants, the knee buckling to the downright left for the trash heap. On that same journal I will also toss along some recipes that I assembled after stepping foot into any local grocery store, remaining for longer than necessary to find the right ingredients, crossing isles twice over.

If you are interested in reading about culinary treats (or failures) in the home kitchen and would like to know about a great restaurant that raises the bar, or a place that lowers flavor for all of Western civilization, subscribe to my invite and read along. I half heartily expect only two or three people to read as this functions as a good writing exercise, making sure I stay in shape with the written word. Think of these scribblings as a mix of my cultural interests, the excitement of Andrew Zimmern and Adam Richman, and the uncompromising honesty and candor of Anthony Bourdain.

No comments:

Post a Comment